1.1 Personal information Found collects
Found collects personal information where reasonably necessary for its functions and activities. Personal information that Found may hold includes the following:
• name, address, and contact details;
• date of birth;
• employment and income details;
• bank account details;
• details of the products and services provided to an individual by Found;
• details of an individual’s dealings with Found, including records of telephone, email, and online interactions;
• credit-related personal information (see section 1.6 below).
1.2 How Found collects personal information
Found collects personal information directly from an individual where reasonable and practical. Found may also collect such information from other sources, including:
• other entities who provide services to Found related to the products and services provided to an individual by Found;
• publicly available sources of information;
• an individual’s representatives (e.g. spouse, professional adviser);
• subsidiaries of Boral Limited.
1.3 How Found uses personal information and to whom it is disclosed
We do not rent or sell your personal contact information (such as your email address associated with your account registration) to third parties to use for their direct marketing purposes.
Found collects, uses, and discloses personal information generally to provide an individual with products and services requested, and to respond to queries. Found may also use personal information to make an individual aware of Found’s other products and services or offerings provided by Found in conjunction with its business partners or associates.
Found may not be able to do these things without the individual’s personal information. Found may also collect, use and disclose personal information in connection with potential or actual unlawful activity, misconduct, or transfers of Found’s business or assets.
Found understands the importance of keeping personal information private and only discloses such information to third parties in limited circumstances. Third parties with whom Found usually exchanges information include:
• credit providers and credit reporting agencies;
• an individual’s representatives;
• Found’s professional advisers including legal, accounting, auditing, and business consulting advisers;
• government and regulatory authorities;
• subsidiaries of Boral Limited.
Found also exchanges personal information with contractors who manage services provided to an individual on Found’s behalf, or who provide services to Found, including:
• mailing services;
• billing and debt recovery functions;
• customer injury services;
• marketing functions;
• platform, data management, and technology services.
Parties to which Found discloses personal information may be located in Australia and other countries. As outlined below, web traffic information is disclosed to Google Analytics when you visit our platforms and Google stores information across multiple countries.
1.4 Platform usage information and cookies
When you use our platform, Found collects certain standard information that is sent by your browser to our platform. This includes technical information, such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, language, time zone setting, access times, and any referring platform addresses.
We also use Segment to collect this information about your interaction with our platforms. For more about how Segment collects and processes data, please see https://segment.com/legal/privacy/
Found uses this information to administer our platform, for marketing and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes. Found also collects certain information to provide users with a personalised experience when visiting our platforms.
Through the use of a ‘cookie’, Found can record information about your visit to our platform including the clickstream to, through, and from our site (including date and time), the pages visited, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. This information is used anonymously and in aggregate and is collected and logged for statistical purposes. Through analysis of these records, Found is able to provide an improved service when users revisit our platforms.
A cookie is a small data file that a platform may write to your hard drive when you visit. A cookie file can contain information (such as a user ID) that the platform can use to track the pages you have visited and your preferences. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you personally supply. A cookie cannot read data from your hard disk or read cookie files created by other platforms.
1.5 Advertisers and Ad Networks
We use advertising networks and partners to serve advertisements for us, including interest-based advertising, on third-party sites and to assist us in evaluating the effectiveness of our advertising. We may also work with advertising networks and partners to serve ads on our Platform and to communicate with you at the addresses they have for you. We may provide advertising networks, advertising partners, and businesses advertising on our platform with aggregate information but other than hashed information or device identifiers, we do not disclose your name, contact information, or other personal information. For example, we may provide a hashed version of your email address or other information to advertising networks (e.g., Facebook and Google) to serve advertisements to you or others.
1.6 Credit-related personal information
Found sometimes provides products and services to customers on credit. In connection with this credit, Found does in some cases handle certain consumer credit-related personal information described below (credit-related personal information), including information from credit reporting bodies (CRBs). For example, Found may handle this information in providing credit to sole traders, or where individuals such as directors provide personal guarantees for credit Found provides to their companies.
Found may collect and hold any types of credit-related personal information about an individual permitted under the Privacy Act, including:
• name, sex, date of birth, driver’s licence number, employer, and three most recent addresses;
• confirmation of previous information requests to CRBs made by other credit providers and credit insurers about the individual;
• details of previous credit applications, including the amount and type of credit and credit limit;
• details of current and previous credit arrangements, including credit providers, start/end dates, and certain terms and conditions;
• permitted payment default information, including information about related payment arrangements and subsequent repayment;
• information about serious credit infringements (e.g. fraud);
• information about adverse court judgments and insolvency;
• publicly available information about the individual’s credit worthiness;
• any credit score or credit risk assessment indicating a CRB’s or credit provider's analysis of the individual’s eligibility for consumer credit. This information may include information about an individual’s arrangements with other credit providers as well as with Found.
Found may disclose credit-related personal information to CRBs to assist the CRBs to maintain information about individuals to provide to other credit providers for credit assessments. Found may collect credit-related personal information from CRBs for purposes including, to the extent permitted by law, to assess relevant credit or guarantee applications, manage and review the credit or guarantee, assign debts, collect overdue payments and produce assessments and ratings in respect of the individual’s credit worthiness. Found may also exchange credit-related personal information with guarantors, debt buyers, and other credit providers.
The CRBs Found may use include:
• Veda, PO Box 964 North Sydney 2059, www.mycreditfile.com.au, 1300 762 207;
• Illion, Level 20/201 Elizabeth St, Sydney NSW 2804, www.illion.com.au, 13 23 33;
• Credit Works Australia, Suite 1218, 100 Walker Street, North Sydney, NSW, 2060, www.creditworks.com.au, email@example.com, (02) 8188 2363.
Under the Privacy Act, individuals may request CRBs not to:
• use their credit-related personal information to determine their eligibility to receive direct marketing from credit providers; and
• use or disclose their credit information, if they have been or are likely to be a victim of fraud.
1.7 How Found stores personal information
Found stores personal information at its own premises and with the assistance of its service providers. Found maintains strict procedures and standards and takes a range of steps to prevent unauthorised access to, or disclosure of, personal information and protect an individual’s information from misuse or loss. Once an individual’s information is no longer needed by Found, reasonable steps are taken to destroy or de-identify it.
1.8 Accessing and updating personal information
In most cases, an individual can gain access to or update personal information held by Found. To make a request to access or update personal information held by Found, contact Found in writing. Found may need to verify your identity. Found may charge a fee to cover the cost of retrieving and copying requested information.
1.9 Complaints and further information
Further information may be obtained about how Found manages personal information from the Privacy Officer (see contact details below). If an individual believes that Found has breached its privacy obligations or that individual’s privacy rights in any way, a complaint can be made to the Privacy Officer (see contact details below). Found will endeavour to act promptly in response to a complaint.
2.0 Found contact details
Please contact Found about privacy-related issues by post, facsimile, or email:
The Privacy Officer Boral Limited
1228 NORTH SYDNEY NSW 2059
Fax: 02 9233 6605
2.1 Updates to this Policy